Thursday, August 9, 2012

                                     Future Project

One of my upcoming projects is getting my BCR Dash-d  running and meking it prototypical. First I need to get a decoder for.. I would like to have it done by at least by summer 2013.One of the main errors with this unit is the cab. The first Dash-9's purchased by BCR were C44-9CWL's, they had the canadian style comfort cab, while the athearn model has the newer american style cab.I can easily by the canadian style cab from kaslo shops and put it together. The main challenge is the pain and decals. The second thing that I would like to change is the headlights. The factory installed headlights are terrible so I would like to replace them with led's. The last thing is the horn. I need to buy a five chime K5H horn for the model ,as BCR had 5 chime K5H's on almost all of their freight locomotives.








No comments:

Post a Comment